I’m feeling a little stressed about our upcoming move. I never want to be guilty of complaining about a blessing, and our new home is definitely a blessing. I decided to make a list of some of the things I love about our new home, in hopes that it will distract me from the pile of boxes in my living room…and kitchen…and bedroom…
- First and foremost, it will the first place we live in that will be OURS. Walls can be painted, floor plans can be changed, and gardens can be planted. We will not need to worry that our landlords will decide to sell the house we are living in, or be forced to leave because the landlords want to give the place to a close family member that is going through a hard time (which has happened to us!!) We can turn this house into a home that will be efficient and comfortable for our family.
- Let there be light!! Our current home has front and back porches that block all light from entering the house, which has honestly effected my mood since we have lived here. Our new home has big, beautiful windows in the living room, sliding glass doors in the dining room, and a large window in the kitchen-all of which should get plenty of sunlight
- There is not an outhouse in the backyard, which can not be said of our current home. This one is pretty self-explanatory =)
- The new home has a dishwasher and a garbage disposal, luxuries I have never had before (Except in one apartment I lived in during college-unfortunately the two were somehow connected, and whatever went through the garbage disposal ended up in the dishwasher. We had a maintenance guy look at it, but it was never fixed. Needless to say, we never used either one.)
- We will have a master bathroom in our new house. I never really cared about this before, but now that I’m a mom, I think I will appreciate having one room of the house I can relax in without a mound of toys present. Our current home only has one full bathroom, which shares a wall with Jude’s room, which means that every morning he is woken up when one of uses the bathroom-our bathroom will now be far away from Jude’s room, and we might even get a few more minutes to get ready in the morning before Jude joins us.
- Our yard is a blank slate. I have always been interested in gardening and landscaping, and I’m anxious to “decorate” our yard.
I’m sure once we move I will find many other things I love about our new place, but for now these are my favorite things. I promise to share pictures once we close.
Have a happy, happy Tuesday evening!